A crowd filled with supporters of the Madison Public Market and TruStage MarketReady Hall were on hand Monday, November 27 to officially mark the commencement of the long-awaited project’s construction. Held at the future site of the Market (202 N. First Street, Madison) the event featured remarks from the following:
- Welcome by Hannah Mohelnitzky, City of Madison Engineering Division Communications
- City of Madison Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway
- Madison Public Market Foundation President Karen Crossley
- TruStage Chief Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer Angela Russell
- Melly Mell’s Catering Owner Carmel Jackson
- City of Madison District 12 Alder Amani Latimer Burris
- Wisconsin Department of Administration Secretary-Designee Kathy Blumenfeld
- Dane County Board of Supervisors Chair Patrick Miles
- Daniels Construction President Sam Daniels
Many of the speakers, including Mayor Rhodes-Conway, Angela Russell of TruStage and Acting Secretary Blumenfeld spoke of the economic benefit the Public Market will have for the community, generating wealth and financial well-being for individuals who are starting new businesses or expanding old ones. Mayor Rhodes-Conway expressed her appreciation for the many persons who have had a hand in making this day a reality – former mayors, alders, Madison Public Market Foundation members as well as city staff from the Economic Development and Engineering Division.
A video production showing the entire event is available.
Photos below show 1) Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway; 2) Madison Public Market Foundation President Karen Crossley; State of Wisconsin Department of Administration Secretary Designee Kathy Blumenfeld and Dane County Board of Supervisors Chair Patrick Miles; 3) Alder Amani Latimer Burris; 4) Carmel Jackson, Melli Mel’s Catering; 5) Angela Russell, TruStage Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer; 6) Sam Daniels, President, Daniels Construction; 7) Madison Public Market Foundation board members.