In Madison, we’re blessed with an abundance farmer’s markets, food carts, and local restaurants. Many of these entrepreneurs don’t have access to the significant capital required to grow their businesses. They need a stepping stone from food cart to full restaurant, from Farmer’s Market stand to year-round store, from making products at their kitchen table to manufacturing on a larger scale.
The Madison Public Market is a small business incubator and accelerator, with a strong focus on minority-owned businesses, that provides affordable rent, a commercial kitchen/food production space, and access to 500,000+ potential customers every year. While some Market vendors will become beloved long-time tenants of the Market, the goal is to have most accelerate out of the Market to their next level of success.
The Madison Public Market will provide important, affordable small business development opportunities through the following offerings:
- 30 permanent booth spaces
- a variety of temporary vending space available by the day, week or month
- outdoor food cart stalls
- craft festivals, food fairs, and other public events
- commercial kitchen and food development space at the Food Innovation Center
- ongoing MarketReady program for business development training and connections to resources