Understanding that agriculture and the way our food is produced and shipped can have a significant impact on water quality and climate change, the Madison Public Market will support our local farmers and food systems while maintaining a lighter ecological foot print.
Sustainability features of the Madison Public Market development include:
- Reuse of an existing building instead of building new
- Prime location near many bus lines and bike paths. Located near the future Bus Rapid Transit Line
- Solar array on the roof
- Innovate storm water management system
- Use of daylighting and overhead doors to decrease use of artificial lighting and air conditioning
- Exploration of using edible plantings for landscaping