This is the final moment!
The fate of the Madison Public Market and the many opportunities for building equity-based wealth in Greater Madison will be decided by the City’s Common Council next week.
There is a path forward for the Public Market!
Over the last few weeks, there has been renewed energy and public support for the Market.
- The County Board of Supervisors included $1.5M towards the Public Market in its approved capital budget last week.
- Multiple media stories and editorials have supported the Market.
- MarketReady vendors shared their dreams for the Public Market in a short video.
As the Common Council considers additional funding for the Market, it’s important that we the public share one more time why the Public Market is important to you.
1. Attend tomorrow’s 11/15 Capital Budget Public Hearing at 5:30pm in person and register to speak or simply register in support but not wishing to speak. (details below)
2. Attend tomorrow’s 11/15 Capital Budget Public Hearing at 5:30pm virtually and register to speak (details below)
3. If you aren’t able to attend the Public Hearing, email the Council at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm tomorrow (more details below)
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd. Room 201
You can register in support and speak, you can register in support and not speak, or you can register in support and be available for questions. All of these options are highly impactful. Make sure that somewhere on the registration form you write that you are in support of the Public Market amendment.
2. Attend tomorrow’s (11/15) Common Council Capital Budget Public Hearing virtually and register to speak in support of the Market. You can register online by clicking here.
3. If you aren’t able to attend the meeting in person or virtually, then send an email to email@example.com by tomorrow at 5pm. Simply state that you support the Madison Public Market funding amendment and provide your home address. 1-2 sentences is all that is needed.