The merchants are the heart of our Public Market. With the selection of diverse MarketReady entrepreneurs, we are so close to making our Public Market a reality. The Market will not only foster an ecosystem for accelerating local businesses, but it will also be a unique community gathering place where we honor the different customs and history of Madison’s many cultures through art, storytelling, and delicious food.
Stop by Taste of the Madison Public Market event to meet several of the MarketReady entrepreneurs and enjoy a sampling of the many activities and experiences that will be available at our vibrant, community-based Public Market.
Wednesday, October 11
945 E. Washington Ave.
Activities at the Taste event will represent sections of our Market, which include:
- Market Hall: 15 vendors (including several MarketReady entrepreneurs) who will be offering FREE SAMPLES and larger portions for purchase of their unique food and products that can’t be found anywhere else in Madison. Many of these vendors are preparing to launch their business in the Public Market with the support of the MarketReady program. (see below for a list of the participating vendors)
- Children’s Area: Story-telling children’s activity by Araceli Exparza who is a MarketReady entrepreneur and plans to open a children’s bookstore that carries bilingual books and local authors inside the Market.
- Local Art: Small collection of art by local artists by Alisa Toninato of American Skillets and Aaron Lux of Aaron Lux Design
- Live Music and Event Space: Music from around the world by DJ 40 Roundz and sponsored by our friends at Dane Dances, special Dane Dances mini dance party 7-8pm
- Food Innovation Center: Exhibit displaying what the Center will offer and how it will significantly increase local food in our community. Thanks to our friends at FEED Kitchens for sponsoring this space at the event.
Our Public Market is sure to be Madison’s next treasured community space. Be one of the first to experience this amazing project and learn more about the details.
RSVP is appreciated for our Merchants to approximate quantities, but not required.
Like our Facebook event to stay updated on event details.
The event location is near the corner of Brearly & E. Wash next to the Credit Union. Parking is available in the lot behind the building. Enter from the backdoor entrance off the parking lot.
MERCHANTS OFFERING A TASTE OF THEIR PRODUCTS DURING THE OCT. 11 EVENT:
- SuperCharge! Foods – juice made from microgreens grown at their indoor vertical farm)
- Madame Chu – Southeast Asian sauces and delights
- Cafe Social – fairly traded, no-chemical coffee from the heart of the Andes
- Ugly Apple – specializes in breakfast made from over stock fruit and veggies from local farmers
- Madre Yerba – organic, healing body care products
- Slide Food Cart & Catering – gourmet slider sandwiches and homemade potato chips
- Perfect Imperfections – natural body care products
- QB’s Magnetic Creations – magnetic badge holders, brooches, eyeglass holders, and other promotional items
- dZi Little Tibet Food Cart – Tibetan food creations made from vegetables they grow
- Fruta Artesana – intricate carved watermelon and other fruit for special events
- Just Coffee – fair trade coffee with total transparency
- Mad Urban Bees – sustainable Urban Beekeeping
- Rushing Waters Fisheries – sustainable, farm-raised smoked Rainbow Trout
- Off the Block Pizza (Mentoring Positives) – engaging youth in building career skills and the power of socially responsible business
- Curtis and Cake – baked goods and confections inspired by the American South
- Grasshopper Goods – Wisconsin’s first mobile boutique providing primarily Midwest artisan and maker goods
- Chocolate Shoppe – Madison-based ice cream with 100 super-premium flavors
We Greatly Appreciate our Sponsors: