The Market Experience
Want to entertain out of town family or guests with a truly Madison experience in the dead of winter?
Looking for a family outing on a quiet summer Saturday?
Don’t feel like cooking, but want a healthy, local take-out meal?
Hoping to find that one-of-a kind, hand-crafted gift for that special someone?
Need a beautiful, yet affordable community space to hold a birthday party, wedding or meeting?
Hoping to impress potential employees or business partners for your company?
The 50,000 square foot Madison Public Market will be a year-round destination that will be a must-see for visitors and a beloved destination for local residents. At the Public Market, you’ll find:
- fresh, homegrown produce from local, small-scale farmers
- culturally diverse and convenient prepared food
- affordable community room rentals
- temporary merchant space for unique events and pop-up markets (how about in-door farmer’s markets and winter Dane Dances?!)
- commercial kitchen for food-processing, wholesale opportunities, and start-up support to grow the local food economy
- specialty gifts from local artisans
- a variety of outdoor green spaces and indoor community areas that bring people together
- iconic artwork
- a gathering place that brings the best of everything South Central Wisconsin offers in one friendly, vibrant place