Community is at the center of the Madison Public Market. For many years, a community-led city committee, chaired by Anne Reynolds, has been meeting every month to bring us to the point we are today. With the help and support of Mayor Paul Soglin and his team, the Madison Public Market Development Committee has made important progress in site selection, creating a business plan, and laying the foundation for the creation of the Market.
Supporting the Development Committee has been the Friends of the Public Market. This group of supporters have attended countless meetings, weighed in on important decisions, and have helped build momentum within the community.
Recently, a new Madison Public Market Foundation non-profit was created to lead the fundraising efforts and community engagement during the Public Market development phase. Eventually, the Foundation will likely operate the Market. To help advise the Foundation, a group of diverse community leaders and supporters have formed the Madison Public Market Ambassador Advisory Council.
Members of the Advisory Council include:
- Betty Banks, African American community historian and organizer
- Craig Bartlett, Associate Publisher-Owner, Isthmus Publishing
- Al Cooper, Coordinator, Dane Dances
- Alan Fish, Partner, WhiteFish Partners
- Suzanne Fanning, Vice President National Product Communications, WI Milk Marketing Board
- Steve Goldberg, retired CUNA Mutual Foundation
- Peter Grey, Executive Search Consultant, QTI
- Jonny Hunter, Co-Founder, Underground Food Collective
- Sue Jiang, Owner, Tri-State Realty (Asian-focused realtor)
- Mayra Medrano, President, Latino Chamber
- Ken Monteleone, Owner, Fromagination
- Helen Sarakinos, Executive Director, REAP Food Group
- Trey Sprinkman, Owner, Sprinkman Real Estate
- James Shulkin, Senior Communications Coordinator, Quartz Health Solutions, Inc.
- Missy Tracey, Municipal Relations Coordinator, Ho Chunk Nation/Ho Chunk Casino
- Doua Vang, Director, Hmong Community Center